“Accident-free crane operations throughout British Columbia.”
“The Association provides leadership for health and safety development within the crane hoisting industry. We serve all industry stakeholders as a forum for effectively addressing common safety issues and as an industry advisory body regarding standards, regulations, and qualifications. Our purpose is to support and maintain a comprehensive, inclusive credentialing regime to support the goal of accident-free crane operations throughout British Columbia.”
- To promote accident-free crane operations throughout British Columbia.
- To promote the establishment in British Columbia of a cost-effective crane operator qualification regime that:
- involves documented proof of competency
- includes theoretical and practical assessments
- is accessible and available at all levels of the industry
- To promote the attractiveness of the industry to prospective entry level crane operators and the timely achievement of their qualifications.
- To serve as an industry advisory body to agencies in a position to oversee qualifications and standards.
- To serve as an advisory body to the Workers’ Compensation Board of British Columbia (WorkSafeBC) regarding regulatory matters and other matters related to occupational health and safety as they impact the crane industry.
- BC Crane Safety understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its certification activities, managing conflict of interest, and ensuring the objectivity of its certification activities.