National harmonization has resulted in the following changes for BC
- The new Mobile Crane Operator trade with Red Seal endorsement, as issued by the ITA, now includes Lattice Friction, Lattice Hydraulic, and Mobile Hydraulic Unlimited.
- BC crane operator designations have new names.
- There is now a Crane Mechanic (Limited Scope, Non-commercial Lift) designation.
For further information on CCDA Red Seal trade harmonization, click here.
- BC Crane Operator status is now renewable online and at no cost on a yearly basis. Operators will be notified several months before their birthday regarding the need to renew. The operator receives an email and simply follows the prompts and verifies their profile details.
- Every five years renewal will require a new photo, demonstration of operation of the crane classification that a designation is held in, acknowledgement of any changes in new regulations, and demonstration of knowledge of any applicable new technology and equipment. The SkillRecord logbook app is available to all registered BC Crane Operators to log experience and track hours at no cost to the individual.